As I mentioned in the previous post, I have been spending a lot of time at the sewing machine making shirts for the Cupcake Kids. After I finished up my final round (for now) of shirts last night, I decided to try again at making a T-Shirt dress. My first attempt had failed miserably and destroyed a shirt in the process. I needed redemption.
I tried to learn from my mistakes and do a better job this time around. Here’s what came out of it:
Not quite a ruffly as I would have hoped, but still cute. Next time I will add a couple of inches to the length of the fabric to account for more ruffles. I did this late at night and the kids were in bed. Next time I’ll be sure to measure the waist of the one who will be wearing the dress. I might add a little bit to the length as well… I have some tall kids.
Baby Girl likes it. Although, it didn’t have much give around the waist and was a little tough to get her into it. I will probably try again later on another shirt and see what modifications I can make.
You can find the tutorial that I used here
. I am not very good at following directions… which explains the lack of ruffles on Baby Girl’s dress… but the tutorial is great and easy to follow.